So, yeah, I know.
It's been awhile.
But, I just had to tell you this.
I've been missing my keys for 3 days now. For me, that's a long time. Missing keys drives me crazy. I even woke up in the middle of the night pondering on where it could have gone.
I go through the scenario: I had them driving home Saturday night from Amy's house. Check. Sunday morning, I was looking for my keys to start the car. The kids were sweating already while waiting for Josh. No keys. Had to wait for Josh to come down with his keys. Then, A/C relief.
So, that's a very short window for keys to get up and disappear, don't you think?
And I ALWAYS put them in the basket on the kitchen counter when I walk in from garage. I bought that basket especially for my keys. See, I don't like missing keys, don't you know?
I've looked everywhere. I even prayed about it. That usually works for me. I offered my kids a reward of $1 for whoever finds it. I secretly wonder if the youngest picked up the keys and dropped them in the kitchen trash that went out to the curb on Monday. Sigh... no luck.
Tonight, Olivia says I should pray. I told her that I had - twice.
"Where else could they possibly be?" I asked outloud to no one in particular.
"Try looking in your car," suggests Olivia.
I thought to myself, "Well, I have looked. In the console, side doors. But, I guess I haven't gotten on my knees to look underneath the seats. Maybe it slid down under there. I'll need a flashlight."
I go to the laundry room to retrieve my flashlight from my specially marked box called "flashlights". I look beside the yellow flashlight and see...
my keys.
And there was much rejoicing in my household tonight. It's nice when my daughter can be an answer to my prayers. :)
1 comment:
Yay! What a happy story. Sneaky flashlight, trying to hide the keys...
Post a Comment