Sunday, September 20, 2009

Shopping!

Friday night, we dropped the kids off at a place that advertised Parents Night Out! Pros: Kids have activities. Cons: They go to bed late and wake up still super early Sat. morning.

So, whilst the kids are otherwise engaged, Josh and I treat each other to a dinner out at Carrabas. We passed up on the cream-based pastas, and try to find something more mediterrean-y. The waitress compliments us on being the healthiest eaters in the whole place! Lol!

Then we go to Kohls. I heart Kohls. I can find my Levi jeans in a petite length there. I can find an assortment of tops, new stuff for church, and an occassional shoe or two. But, on Friday, we went to a whole different part of the store and got wall art! Yay! Everything was half off, plus we got a 30% discount when we use our Kohls charge card (which we promptly pay off), AND $10 Kohls cash back for every $50 spent. It's the holy trinity in savings!

We got some cute stuff for the walls. We were *supposed* to hang them up Saturday afternoon. Instead, Josh spent the afternoon recovering from his morning run that turned into a half-marathon. Whatever. Excuses.

So, all my cute wall art is lying in the dining room waiting to look cute on my walls.

You might think - well, doesn't Jenny assemble Ikea furniture in her spare time? Didn't she just tackle that whole wardrobe closet thingamajing? To which, I reply, why yes, I do. Those things have instructions. Hanging pictures in a wall is a faaaaar more subjective venture. And requires a hole in the wall. Which automatically gets me nervous. I don't have leftover paint color for ALL the rooms in the house, you see.

Maybe I can convince Josh that hanging pictures on the wall surely qualifies as family togetherness than work on this lovely Sunday evening. Otherwise, it'll be days before another chance pops up.

In our next issue: Pictures of said wall art on actual walls. Also, funny videos made by Olivia and Ethan! Once we figure out how to download them off the camera! Whee!

2 comments:

Katie B said...

Can't wait to see them!

Mom Z said...

Me too!!!