Friday, April 9, 2010

TaDa... Olivia!


So, you know and I know that Olivia is pretty cool.

She's almost 11 now and her coolness just grows.

Some cool things about her:
1. Her gorgeous brown, twinkly eyes.
2. Her inbred, crafty genes.
3. Wants to do what's right.
4. Quick to apologize.
5. Loves trying out new things (which is why she is currently doing dance, art, piano and gymnastics).
6. Wicked smart.
7. Loves hanging out with mom - either just talking or out on a mommy-daughter date.
8. AVID reader! (Yes!)
9. Principal's Honor Roll
10. Essay Contest Winner!

You've been nodding your head in total agreement, am I right? What? You want details on #9 and 10? Why suuuuure...

Olivia brought home her report card. She's all cool as a cucumber handing it to me. I totally can't read her. I open it and see a note from the Principal congratulating her on making it to the "Principal's Honor Roll". As I read that, I honestly don't know exactly what that means, but it sounds good, right? Olivia informs me that Honor Rolls means As and Bs and Principal's Honor Roll means all As. Whaaaa...? Cool! She got a nice comment from her teacher as well. She is special, isn't she?

The essay thing. Olivia's 5th grade class had a special video talking about ABC - Always Be Careful. It was a general overview of safety. The 5th grader were assigned essays to write on this topic. She came home one day with the rough draft. It was on internet safety. She asked me some questions about it. Then she typed it all up. Josh helped with the editing and format flow.
(By the way, I hereby assign Josh to help with all the kids' English papers...forevermore.)

She handed it in and then found out she won for her class. THEN, two days ago she got a call from her teacher telling her that she had won for her entire 5th grade! Wow! She was soooo excited! Next, she is up against all the school winners in the county. If she wins that, she gets $100 and a trophy. And honestly, she wants the trophy more than the money! Ha!

(After the county, it goes to state-level. That included more money and a Universal Park Package. Which would be awesome since Harry Potter opens at Universal in June!) But, we'll see...

For now, three cheers for Olivia and all her hard work.

And super-coolness.

4 comments:

Katie B said...

Wow, what a girl. I always knew she'd make something of herself :) Way to go on the grades and the essay contest, Olivia! I'm such a proud auntie!

Next goal, Olivia, is to learn to play Fur Elise on piano so you and your mom can play together!

Jenny said...

Thanks aunt katie!

Jenny said...

by the way, that was me, Olivia not mom

Jenny said...

Funny you say that, Katie, because Olivia has told me "When I've learned to play Fur Elise - I'm done!"